Boost your immunity, lose weight, deepen your sleep, and feel more energy as you:
• Lower blood sugar - Recent research shows that coronavirus patients with elevated blood sugar fare worse with symptoms and outcomes, and those with healthy blood sugar levels do better.
• Remove toxins from crappy food, sugar, potential food intolerances, and stress (yes, stress produces toxins).
• Lose weight - This detox helps your body purge fat and the toxins housed in fat cells.
• Reset habits that have sneaked in during the pandemic. Become more intentional with your choices.
• Focus on self care and gratitude to unwind, de-stress and enhance the mind-body connection. This provides many important biochemical benefits.
To learn more and sign up, visit the Detox page here. Hope to see you there!
And while you're here, get a head start and make this easy, breezy summer salad from the Detox recipes that even satisfies a sweet tooth:
CANTALOUPE CUCUMBER SALAD
This salad is surprisingly filling, and so delicious.
¼ cantaloupe, seeds and skin removed, and cut into bite-sized chunks
½ cucumber, scrubbed, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scraped out, then sliced into thin half-moons
1-2 TB chopped red onion
1 small handful basil leaves, rinsed, dried, and thinly sliced
2 TB sunflower seeds
1-2 TB lemon juice
1-2 TB rice wine vinegar
2 TB olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Place cantaloupe, cucumber, red onion, basil, and sunflower seeds into a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to mix. Drizzle over the salad, and toss gently to combine. Taste, and adjust seasonings or add more dressing if needed. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!