Do you remember how you were feeling at the time? I ask because sometimes we overeat to help distract us from emotional pain. Think about it—have you noticed that sometimes when you overeat you’re not hungry at all? What you are is lonely. Or angry. Or sad. Or resentful. Or frustrated. Or something else.
So what hurt are YOU holding on to?
Tap Into the Power of Forgiveness
Wouldn’t it be more effective to address your uncomfortable feelings? The best, most thorough, most divinely perfect way to do that is forgiveness.
Forgiving is not easy, even for the most enlightened among us. If you’ve been allowing your present health to be controlled by past hurts, I urge you to commit to forgiving. These steps can help:
• Talk to sympathetic friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others is tremendously comforting.
• Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. You can decide whether or not you send it.
• See the situation from the other person’s perspective—your own perspective may change.
• Don’t forget to forgive yourself. Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
• Understand that you are responsible for your own attitude. Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Forgive and watch how much easier your relationship with eating becomes.
This is my latest go-to dessert. It is very forgiving! A small bowl truly satisfies, and you can feel good about its low-glycemic and probiotic ingredients.
Handful of berries
About 1/4-1/2 c dairy-free kefir or yogurt (see options below)
Handful of grain free granola (see options below)
In a small appetizer-sized bowl (eg, one you'd use to serve olives), pour a fist full of your choice of berries. Top with a low glycemic granola. I love Purely Elizabeth's grain free granolas; they're sweetened with just a touch of coconut sugar. Pour in a probiotic of your choice. Here I've used Forager Plain Cashewgurt, a cashew based kefir. Other options include Coyo natural coconut kefir, Kite Hill's unsweetened vanilla almond yogurt, Coyo natural coconut yogurt–all are organic and without added sugar. Enjoy your dessert guilt-free.