So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. It also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or more!) is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy—nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favorite music while doing the dishes? Book yourself a massage this weekend?
- Repeat daily—or more often, as needed.
To get you started down the road of pleasure, give this luscious recipe a try. It's from my fun, easy 5-Day Spring Detox. Want to make healthy cooking pleasurable? Join our group from April 16-20. Learn more here.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- ¼ C chia seeds
- 8 oz full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB raw cacao powder
- ½ C chopped organic strawberries or bananas (optional)
Place the first four ingredients in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. Close and shake well to combine, then store in the fridge overnight. Top with fruit in the morning and enjoy.