I'm a huge believer in removing known inflammatory "foods" like sugar and bad fats and eating organic to eliminate insidious chemicals, antibiotics and preservatives. That's why I created a simple 5-Day Detox just for you, designed to help you make beautiful meals from easy whole foods recipes.
BUT I'm going to be totally honest. I've been resistant to change my household and body products. I've been brand-loyal to big, well-known (and toxic) products for decades. However, recently, I learned:
- There's chemical residue on our clothes from commercial detergent like my formerly beloved Tide, not to mention the chemicals it sends into our waters and soil.
- The steam that gives me a facial when I open the dishwasher is loaded with toxins.
- Our skin is like a big mouth, absorbing many of the toxins it touches.
- Environmental toxin exposures can cause cancer, endocrine disruption, nerve damage and immune system upheaval.
So, what did I do? Oy! I bought Method and Seventh Generation products thinking I was doing my family good. NOT SO FAST... Even the word "fragrance," found on most packages, is a catch-all term that hides an untold number of chemicals, a trade secret without transparency and full disclosure.
Check out the Environmental Working Group website, to search for and learn the toxin rating of ingredients you are curious about in foods, household cleaning agents and body products.
PURE SKIN IS IN!
After much research, ordering and scrutinizing, I found beautiful, 100% toxin free products from Pure Haven. I totally trust and love them, especially the household cleaning products. They're so pure you can eat them, though I wouldn't advise doing that. I am SO not a sales person. But, the products work, smell divine from essential oils, and are freshly made to order since they have no preservatives. I chose to be a consultant with them because the products have integrity. Full disclosure, I do get a small percentage from orders. Check them out here to learn more, and use my number, 25563, so I'll know you're a customer. Feel free to write me with any questions. And see below for a freebie from me.)
GET YOUR BIKINI BODY ON AND DETOX WITH ME:
My 5-day whole foods detox is a great jump start to clean eating. Once we clean up the diet, the body can dump the trash, lose stored fat, find more energy, better sleep, clearer skin, calmer digestion, happier mood and more mental clarity. Join me for our next detox June 25-29.
Choosing real, unprocessed, mostly plant-based foods does a body a whole lotta good. That's what my upcoming summer detox is all about. Plus it's fun to share our healthful eating experience together as a group. Sign up here and get the early bird price by June 20. BONUS: FIRST 2 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP receive a FREE Pure Haven mineral-based sunscreen made with non-nanoparticle titanium dioxide, retail value: $22.95.
Here's a sample recipe from the upcoming summer detox:
TOMATO BASIL QUINOA SCRAMBLE
This is a great way to get your veggie started early in the day.
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ C cooked quinoa
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- Small handful fresh basil, cut into strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When warm, add olive oil, quinoa, and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs + 1 TB water together in a small bowl. Add eggs to the skillet, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, then add basil and turn eggs a few times to incorporate the basil into the scramble.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.